Basic course information
02402 Introduction to statistics
Some motivating presentations
- Teacher: Nicolai Siim Larsen
- Questions regarding signing up for the course and exam: AUS in Building 101
- Questions regarding projects: See the Projects page on how to work together and get help from TAs. In case of practical questions mail Nicolai Siim Larsen
Course page on DTU Learn: https://learn.inside.dtu.dk/d2l/home/145395. Messages will be posted there, and the two mandatory projects should also be summitted there.
- 28/8 2023 - 1/12 2023. See academic calendar
Lectures: Tuesdays 8-10
- Building 303A - auditoriums 41, 42, and 43.
Lectures are also available as podcasts.
Exercises: Tuesdays 10-12
- Building 324 - Rooms 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, and 70 - Foyer areas F003, F004, F005, and F008.
- Building 303A - Foyer areas HOEST and HVEST.
- Free online book (you don’t need to buy a book for this course). See the Book menu above and the Agendas.
- Printed book available from Polyteknisk Boghandel 10% student discount with this link
- Date: Saturday 16 Dec 2023 (see the DTU exam plan and your personal exam plan for more details).
- 4-hour (digital) multiple choice exam with questions available in both Danish and English.
- Find and practice previous exam questions and solutions.
- If you have any question regarding exams, then please contact [the study administration][HTTPS://www.inside.dtu.dk/en/undervisning/faglig/vejledningstilbud/studieadministration]
- Date: Monday 27 May 2024 (see the DTU examination timetable)
- After the Office of Study Programs and Student Affairs completes their process and sends email confiration, you can see your registration at www.tilmelding.dtu.dk under your re-exams.
- If you have any question regarding re-exams, then please contact [the study administration][HTTPS://www.inside.dtu.dk/en/undervisning/faglig/vejledningstilbud/studieadministration]
Exam Structure and Assessment
The exam consists of 30 questions of “multiple choice” type. For each of the questions, 5 points are given for a correct answer, and -1 point is given for a wrong answer, and 0 points for not answering the question. For each question, there is only one correct answer. Technically, the exam system allows selecting more than one option but in that case 0 points are given.
The total number of points needed to obtain a specific grade or to pass the exam is determined after the exam and in collaboration with an external censor. See the grade history
In order to be allowed to participate and pass the MCQ exam, each student must hand in two mandatory projects during the course and have these approved before the exam, with the following exceptions: Participants who have followed a previous version of the course without such projects or who have had two such projects approved in a previous version of the course are not required to hand-in the projects again. See more details on the Projects page.
Language of the Lectures
Course 02402 is offered in both Danish and English. The Danish version of the lectures is held during fall semesters.
Language, Communication and Information
- All written material is in English.
- Slides are provided in both languages (see here).
- The multiple-choice exam questions will be available in both languages.
- Messages will be given in English.
- During the Fall semester, live lectures will be held in Danish.
- Lectures in Danish are available as online podcasts via this link (recorded in Spring 2015).
- Lectures in English are available as online podcasts via this link (recorded in Spring 2017).
- See more information here: Course Data Base link for course 02402
- See also academic calendar